Saturday, March 22, 2008

Photos from Aachen 2008 (2)

[Original Post at my Blogs | My Blogs]

The weather in Aachen is unpredictable, according to the locals. And so, even though it was already in the spring, I was still fortunate enough to see a little bit of snow. It may not be like in Antarctic, but still it's refreshing for someone like me who's been staying only in tropical countries with two seasons (i.e. rainy and summer).



What else can we see? Well, here're two pictures taken within 5 minutes. While not immediately apparent, they're two different phenomena. Really, you just have to trust me!


Such views are common. The white trails may be due to the cold temperature, and the extreme frequency is probably due to Aachen being located at the border of three countries: Belgium, Germany, and Holland.

The church of St. Nicholas is located at one of the alleys in the central area:

No comments: