Wednesday, May 2, 2007

An Unproductive Month

For me, May is both an unproductive month and a thrilling one. For these 3 years, it's been difficult to fully concentrate on what I should be working on, thanks to RB, his "chess pieces", and all the Special Ones (didnt' watch, but got an sms from the Philosopher this morning). This is potentially the beginning of a another red dynasty after so many years; started from two 0-1 losses in cup finals in the 80's against Wimbledon and Crystal Palace, then fast forward to the spice-boys era till now.

For these last 3 years, May has also been my source of inspiration (i.e. my terribly bad habit) in finding some silly parallel events.

It started on 2005: a submission, followed by the great & miraculous glory in Istanbul, and then my first publication (after a countless number of thank-you email).

A similar sequence was repeated in 2006: a submission, followed by the pulsating victory in Cardiff (I was in Tsukuba at that time), and then another publication.

This year: a submission of my small little book summarizing what I had been doing for these 5 years, plus another possible submission in this near future, followed by yet another final --- this time in Athens. Of course, I strongly hope for a great outcome on 23-May-2007, for it will give me a much needed false sense of confidence when I desperately defend my serial procastinations on an unknown date, time, and venue.

No comments: